POLICY OF THE PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY (SA) DOLFIN IN THE CONTEXT OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
Entity responsible for data collection:
The public limited company (SA) DOLFIN, with registered offices at Avenue Robert Schuman 172, 1401 Nivelles, CBE: 0437.332.220 hereinafter referred to as “DOLFIN” or “We/Us“. Contact address : email@example.com
DOLFIN undertakes to respect the privacy of its customers, its prospective customers, the people with whom it works or may work with in the context of its various projects, existing or future contracts, and all persons who transmit their personal data to DOLFIN. DOLFIN therefore makes every effort to protect the confidentiality of the personal data collected (hereinafter the “Data“) and to comply both with national legislation on the collection and processing of Data and with the European Regulation n° 2016/679, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR“).
This policy therefore applies in the context of the collection and processing of personal information following a purchase, registration, order, request for information, services from the Website or in the context of any other communication, whether for the execution of a contract concluded with DOLFIN (the person whose data is collected will be designated hereinafter as the “Customer“) or during the access and/or registration of any person on the Website (the person designated hereinafter as the “User“).
When you access and/or register and/or purchase the proposed products and/or use the proposed services, you authorise DOLFIN to process personal data in accordance with Belgian and European legislation on the protection of privacy and within the limits laid down by the GDPR.
This data collection policy only applies to data collected on the Website or by DOLFIN. The Website contains links to other websites. We invite you to consult the data collection policies of these websites. DOLFIN can in no event be held responsible for the consequences of your browsing.
Data collected :
The Data collected by DOLFIN differs according to the type of data subjects, as classified as follows :
- The users who browse the Website without voluntarily providing Data (hereinafter the “User“);
- The persons making a purchase, registration, order, request for information or services from the Website or otherwise (hereinafter the “Customer“);
- The contact persons of DOLFIN’s distributors or suppliers or potential distributors or suppliers: (hereinafter the “Suppliers“);
- The persons who have sent a job application (hereinafter the “Candidate“).
The data processed by DOLFIN are the following:
- For Users: The information collected automatically every time a User accesses the Website, as well as the User’s date of birth and age;
- For Customers: The surnames, first names, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, which are collected when a Customer accesses and/or uses and/or registers for Internet services; Data relating to purchases, including payment information; Information that may be exchanged between DOLFIN and the Customers, in particular via e-mail, in the context of the supply of products or services or the request for information;
- For Suppliers: Surname, first name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number;
- For Candidates: Surname, first name, telephone number, date and place of birth, status, email address, CV, covering letter, education, professional background, interests;
On what legal grounds do we process your Data?
DOLFIN processes the Data of Users on the basis of its legitimate interest in the smooth functioning of its activity and its Website. Furthermore, we only process the Data that is essential to achieve the desired objective. We therefore use the Data when it is necessary:
- In the context of drawing up, performing or dissolving a contract with a Customer or a Supplier.
- Based on the legitimate interest of DOLFIN in keeping Customers and Suppliers informed of DOLFIN’s services (newsletters, promotional actions).
- Based on the legitimate interest of DOLFIN.
- To comply with the legal and regulatory provisions to which DOLFIN may be subject.
Aims of the data collection
The Data of Suppliers and Customers are collected and processed by DOLFIN for the following purposes:
- Provision of the services proposed by DOLFIN; for example, to make a delivery, we need your delivery address.
- Performance of the contract that binds the parties;
- Customer and Supplier administration;
- The promotion and development of DOLFIN’s products and services.
DOLFIN makes every effort to optimally protect its network against unauthorised access and to guarantee the confidentiality of your Data.
Electronic payments are exclusively made via Ogone, Europe’s leading PCI-certified payment operator. In no event is payment information stored on our servers.
The other Data is transferred to our Dolfin SA database via SSL (Secure Socket Layer), provided by the company Ingenico. Our database is stored on servers hosted in Switzerland by the hosting company INFOMANIAKS. The servers are secured via multi level firewalls and a standard security protocol.
Third party companies are also required to handle certain Data during the provision of services of a technical nature that are necessary for the smooth performance of the services proposed by DOLFIN. This handling is always carried out in the name and on behalf of DOLFIN, which assumes full responsibility, on the basis of contracts ensuring the security of your data. As such, DOLFIN may transfer your Data, if necessary, to:
- An external IT company obliged to ensure the correct functioning and updating of the Website or services;
- Employees not bound by an employment contract but by a contract for the provision of services including confidentiality obligations;
- External accounting or consulting services;
- Communication services.
Furthermore, DOLFIN will not disclose your Data or transfer them to third parties unless such transfer is required by a competent, judicial or administrative authority or if you give your consent to such a transfer or if it is necessary for the provision of the services, including the performance of the contract.
Data storage period
The data of Customers and Suppliers is kept by DOLFIN for the duration of the contract and 5 years after expiry thereof, unless our accounting obligations require us to keep your data for a longer period. In this context, we will ensure that your data is deleted once our accounting obligations have been fulfilled.
The data of Candidates will be deleted in the year their application is received, if they are not selected.
Links to other sites
References on the Website to other websites or to products or services of third parties do not imply any endorsement of those products, services or third parties. DOLFIN is not responsible for the content of the referenced sites and the links referring to these sites. The visitor uses these links under their own responsibility and must ensure they know the applicable data processing policy on these sites.
Your rights: Access to the information collected, rectification, erasure
At any time and free of charge, you may request a copy of your personal data we store in our databases. In this context, we may ask you for proof of identification before granting your request. You also have the right to request that your data be corrected or deleted from our files if this does not make it impossible to carry out DOLFIN’s services.
In any event, you can object to the processing of your personal data by DOLFIN at any time, or request that this processing be restricted. When your data is processed in the contact of a contract, you may also request that it be transmitted to you in a readable format or that it be transferred to another data controller.
Responsibility of the data subjects
You are solely responsible for any information of any kind whatsoever that you communicate to DOLFIN. DOLFIN declines all responsibility for any damage caused due to the communication of incorrect, incomplete or fraudulent information by the data subject.
Stay informed of amendments
If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed above, report a problem encountered with our apps, if you need specific assistance or if you wish to send remarks, please contact us via the various channels listed below:
- By e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post ; Avenue Robert Schuman 172, 1401 Nivelles
- By telephone : + 32 (0)2 366 24 24
Do not hesitate to contact us if you believe that we are not handling your Data with the care you expect. You can also contact the Data Protection Authority directly and lodge a complaint:
- Rue de la Presse, 35, 1000 Bruxelles
- +32 (0)2 274 48 00
A “cookie” is a small file consisting of letters and numbers stored in your browser or on your computer’s hard drive. There are different types of cookies, broken down according to origin, function and lifespan. For a complete overview, we invite you to consult the following website www.allaboutcookies.org.
Which types of cookies do we use?
- Essential cookies: these cookies ensure that you can browse our websites and apps and use features (such as the shopping basket and your privacy settings).
- Functional cookies: These cookies facilitate the functioning of our websites and apps and enable a personalised browsing experience by, for example, storing login names, passwords and preferences – such as language settings.
- Advertising cookies;
- Social network cookies.
These cookies contain information that we use to process your requests and to improve our web services..
How can you disable cookies?
If you wish to block cookies, you can do this for the browser you are using.
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
Please note that a website may not function as optimally after settings are changed. The same applies for mobile apps